Once you’ve set up your Adlet account, the exciting part of finding advertisers and brands to work with starts. So how do you go about getting blog advertisers?
Letting people know that you are now accepting advertising is the crucial first step-you need to make some noise about how great it is to work with you! Here are some tips to get you started…
1. Clearly show you accept advertising
It is really important that you clearly display that you accept advertising. Make sure you set up an ‘Advertising’ or ‘Sponsor’ page with a link in your navigation bar. Don’t hide this information away on a Contact or About Me page-you need to make it as easy as possible for people to see that they can advertise with you.
Make sure you have installed your Ad Shop on your advertising page (if you’re not sure how to do this, see our Blogger & WordPress installation guides or email us) and have included your media kit (click here to see how to write a media kit).
2. Get on social media
Social media is a fantastic way to start spreading the word that people can work with you. Tweet about it (don’t forget to tweet @adletco and we will retweet you), put it on your Facebook page, screenshot your blog on Instagram and create a simple banner image and pin it to Pinterest.
You’re a blogger, right? So what’s the best way to get the word out to your readers and prospective advertisers they can now work with you? Write a blog post!
A lot of brands looking to work with bloggers will use Google, so having a post that can be indexed and searchable is a great start. Don’t forget to include some of your keywords, or topics you blog about, to make you easier to find.
4. Proactively contact potential advertisers/brands
Don’t be afraid to contact brands and businesses that you think would benefit from advertising with you. Think of 5-10 favourite brands that you would love to work with and send them an email asking if they would like to sponsor you.
Points to include in your email-
- Who you are, what your blog is called and your blog’s address (sounds obvious, but I’ve received so many emails to Ji Ji Kiki where people haven’t told me this!)
- Include a few lines about what topics you cover.
- A little flattery never hurt anyone-say why you think their brand would be a perfect partnership with you. If you’ve previously written a blog post about that brand, make sure you include a link.
- Include your stats and social media links.
- Include a link to your Advertising/Sponsor page so they can view your media kit and buy directly from your via your Ad Shop.
5. Build relationships
If you want to keep your sponsors coming back again and again, here are a few tips-
- A monthly sponsors blog post is a great way to say thank you to your sponsors. Get them to write a short bio and send over a screenshot or product pictures for you include. If you have a single top sponsor they will greatly appreciate a solo, dedicated post and then put your other sponsors together in a single post.
- Little add ons to the ad is always a well received way to give extra promotion to your sponsors-include them in your #FF or give dedicated tweets to your favourite item on their site, pin some of their products to your Pinterest or put a link and mini intro to them on your Facebook page.